If you have critical documents that you cannot afford to lose, you should be backing up those documents to your U: drive. Your computer / laptop hard drive is not backed up, but the server where your U: drive is hosted is backed up daily. Your U: drive is specific to you and no other users can access the documents you save there. Please don’t waste space on the server by backing up unnecessary files. It is your responsibility to decide which files should be copied to the U: drive and to copy them there.
You can access the U: drive one of two ways:
- Click the Windows button and type u:\ in the search box
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to it under Computer
- Create a folder in the U: drive and name it My Documents if it doesn’t already exist.
- If you open your U: drive in one window and your local documents in another, you can just drag and drop to copy your documents to the U: drive.
- If you have any issues accessing your U: drive, please create a support ticket.